Books (Anirudh Krishnan)
Chief-editor, “Justice R.S.Bachawat’s Law of Arbitration and Conciliation”, published by Lexis NexisButterworthsWadhwa Nagpur (2010).
Author, “The Law of Reservation and Anti-discrimination”published by LexisNexis ButterworthsWadhwa Nagpur (2008).
Corporate & Commercial Laws:
- “IBC has its heart in the right place, but may need rework’, Goda Raghavan, excerpt of interview by ET CFO, August 20, 2017
- No Level Playing Field – Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, Goda Raghavan, The Hindu, August 12, 2017
- The Arbitration Ordinance – Carrot and the Stick, Anirudh Krishnan, The Firm, November 23, 2015
- A bit for the State, a bit for the Investor, Anirudh Krishnan, The Hindu, Sep. 8, 2015
- Transforming commercial dispute resolution, Anirudh Krishnan, The Hindu, March 7, 2015
- State of Commercial Laws- Bhatia to BALCO- The Past, the Present and the Future, Anirudh Krishnan, Bar & Bench
- FIDIC, 1999 v. Section 28 of the Indian Contract Act, Anirudh Krishnan, Bar & Bench
- State of Commercial Laws-The Power of the CLB to order rectification of share register: the Finolex v. Gopal Krishna Baliga debate, Anirudh Krishnan, Bar & Bench
- State of Commercial Laws-Interpretation of umbrella clauses in international investment arbitration, Anirudh Krishnan, Bar & Bench
- State of Commercial Laws-Scope for challenging a foreign currency forwards instrument, Anirudh Krishnan, Bar & Bench
- Obstacles to the enforcement of arbitral awards against States- an international perspective, Anirudh Krishnan
- A few positives, a few negatives, a few judicial transplantations: The Supreme Court’s decision in Dozco India P. Ltd. v. Doosan Infracore Co. Ltd., Anirudh Krishnan
- Proposed amendments to the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, Anirudh Krishnan
- Proposed amendments to the Arbitration and Conciliation Act (the “Act”) (Part II), Anirudh Krishnan
- The “Law” of UDRS, Anirudh Krishnan
- The UNCITRAL Convention on Enforceability of Settlement Agreements resulting from International Commercial Mediation, Gracious Timothy
- The Downside of Arb-Med-Arb Procedures, Gracious Timothy
- Consulted as an expert on Indian Arbitration by India Business Law Journal for article titled “Papering over Cracks”, October 2014 edition.
- “Corporate Liability”: Corporate Law Cases Journal (2005 C.L.C Journal / 24(2)(4 pp) VII).
- “Software Patents: An Indian Perspective” published by Anirudh Krishnan in the conference proceedings of the Law Tech 2006 Conference (an international conference at Massachusetts Institute of Technology) (a peer reviewed publication)
- “Proposed Reform (?) to Arbitration Law in India: Law Ministry’s Consultation paper” : Indian Student Law Review (ISLR 2011 (1) 73), Anirudh Krishnan
- State of Commercial Laws- Scope of the term “public policy” under the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, Anirudh Krishnan, Bar & Bench
- State of Commercial Laws-Construction of Jurisdiction Clauses and Exclusive Jurisdiction Clauses, Anirudh Krishnan, Bar & Bench
- Where should the judiciary draw the line?, Anirudh Krishnan, The Hindu, April 26, 2014
- Cure the malaise, not its symptoms, Anirudh Krishnan, The Hindu, December 5, 2013
- Where should the Court draw its Lakshman Rekha ? , Anirudh Krishnan
- 2010- The “Judicial” Review, Anirudh Krishnan
- Is the division of rights into socio-economic and civil and political artificial?, Anirudh Krishnan
- Globalization and Socio-economic Rights, Anirudh Krishnan
- Right to reservation, Anirudh Krishnan
- How Ideology Impacts a Judge’s Decision Making – A Study of Justice Chinnappa Reddy’s judgments on DPSP v. FRs, Anirudh Krishnan
- Religious Law v. Fundamental Rights, Anirudh Krishnan
- “Directive Principles as a tool for social engineering – Justice Krishna Iyer’s Pioneering decisions”: Current Tamil Nadu Cases 2014 (6) CTC (JS) 136
- “Parliamentary privileges: History and Conflict with Freedom of Press” : Madras Law Journal (2004)1 MLJ 84.
- “Compensation for victims: Need of the Hour” published in the book “Crime Victims and Justice: An Introduction to Restorative Principles”, published by Serials Publications, New Delhi in 2008.
- “Religious Law v. Fundamental Rights” : Practical Lawyer (a Supreme Court Cases publication) ((2006) PL November 9), Anirudh Krishnan
- Equality v. Religious Laws, Anirudh Krishnan, Bar & Bench
Presented papers on:
- “Role of International Commercial Arbitration – Jurisdictional Issues” at Sastra University’s seminar on International Commercial Arbitration in March 2016.
- “International arbitration: seat and nationality based classifications” at “Emerging Frontiers of Arbitration Law” organised by Nani Palkhivala Arbitration Centre in Mumbai in February 2016.
- Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996: Approaches and Interpretations – Legal Conclave 2015, ‘March of Jurisprudence,’ organised by MCCI (Madras Chamber of Commerce and Industry), LexisNexis, & Nani Palkhivala Arbitration Centre in June 2015
- Transforming Commercial Dispute Resolution in India – organized by 39 Essex Street Chambers, London at London, UK, 2015
- “Arbitrability of Fraud” at “Establishing an Effective Arbitration Regime – Challenges and Opportunities” organized by Nani Palkhivala Arbitration Centre in Chennai in 2015.
- “Ad hoc arbitration or institutional arbitration ?” at “Dispute Resolution in International Business – the role of institutional arbitration” organized by the International Chamber of Commerce in Bangalore in 2015.
- “A “BIT” of Nuclear Weapon, But…” at “Strengthening Arbitration in India” organized by Nani Palkhivala Arbitration Centre, Chennai in 2014.
- “The Enforcement of BIT decisions in India” at “National Law School International Arbitration Conference” (NLSIA Conference) organized by National Law School, Bangalore in 2014.
- “Back to the Drawing Board: Powers of Courts to pass interim measures”, at a conference organized by the LCIA India in Bangalore in 2014.
- “Streamlining the arbitration process” at a conference organized by the Indian Institution of Technical Arbitrators in New Delhi in 2014.
- “Enforcement of Foreign Awards” and “Expropriation under International Investment Arbitration Law” at “National Law School International Arbitration Conference” (NLSIA Conference) organized by National Law School, Bangalore in 2013.
- “The latest development in International Arbitration- An Indian perspective”, at the law firms SKRINE, Kuala Lampur and Baker & McKenzie. Wong and Leow, Singapore.
- “Judicial intervention by Indian Courts in International Arbitration” at a conference organized by Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (KLRCA), Malaysia in Kuala Lampur in 2013.
- “International Investment Arbitration: An Overview” at “ARBITRATION- Are we future ready?” organized by Nani Palkhivala Arbitration Centre at New Delhi in 2013
- “The Powers of Indian Courts to interfere in arbitrations conducted abroad: from Bhatia to BALCO” at “India and International Commercial Arbitration” organized by 39 Essex Street Chambers, London at London in 2012.
- “The Latest Developments in Indian Arbitration law” to the international arbitration teams of Clifford Chance LLP and Herbert Smith LLP in 2012.
- “Judicial Intervention in foreign arbitrations”, at “Arbitration Matters 2012” organized Nani Palkhivala Arbitration Centre at Mumbai in 2012.
- “Interpretation of Umbrella Clauses in International Investment Arbitration”, at NLSIAM organized by National Law School of India, Bangalore and Singapore International Arbitration Centre at Bangalore in 2012.
- “Awards”, in March 2012 and June, 2012 at Chennai by a course organized by the Association for International Arbitration, Brussels and Nani Palkhivala Arbitration Centre at Chennai
- “Essentials of an award”, October, 2011 at Chennai, Nani Palkhivala Arbitration Centre and the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, London
Participated as an Inter Pacific Bar Association Scholar at the Inter Pacific Bar Association Conference conducted at New Delhi between 29 February 2012 and 3 March 2012.
Delivered guest lectures at National Law University, Delhi; School of Excellence in Law, Chennai and NALSAR, Hyderabad.
Tutored arbitrators at training sessions conducted by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, London, the Association for International Arbitration, Brussels and the Nani Palkhivala Arbitration Centre, Chennai.