In the news:
- Anirudh Krishnan, Partner, quoted in Bar & Bench: Arbitration Ordinance funds into roadblock after Madras High Court questions retrospective applicability
- Anirudh Krishnan, Partner, quoted in Live Mint:Law Commission suggests changes in BIT Model to attract investors
- Anirudh Krishnan, Partner, interviewed by Bar & Bench: NALSAR-grad Anirudh Krishnan on being featured in Chambers & Partners
- AK Law Chambers represents Delphi TVS Diesel Systems Ltd. before the Madras High Court: 12 Month timeline for Completion of Arbitrations under 2015 Ordinance, whether applicable to pending arbitrations; Madras HC asks Centre to clarify
- Anirudh Krishnan, Partner, quoted in Live Mint: Arbitration and Conciliation Bill an attempt to improve legal framework, says Govt.
- Anirudh Krishnan, Partner, quoted in Live Mint: Verdict reserved on arbitrator dispute between RIL, govt.
- AK Law Chambers represents North American Coal Corporation before the Madhya Pradesh High Court; Anirudh Krishnan, Partner, quoted in Global Arbitration Review: “Indian parties bound by foreign law arbitration clause, court says“
- AK Law Chambers represents North American Coal Corporation before the Madhya Pradesh High Court; Anirudh Krishnan, Partner, quoted in Bar and Bench: Two Indian parties can choose foreign seat of arbitration, says Madhya Pradesh High Court
- AK Law Chambers represents North American Coal Corporation before the Madhya Pradesh High Court; Anirudh Krishnan, Partner, quoted in Business Standard: Sasan Power Loses Plea to Avoid International Arbitration”: Division Bench Upholds District Court’s Decision, Rules in favour of North America Coal Corporation
- Anirudh Krishnan, Partner participates in an online round table on “Can disputes in India be resolved without getting bogged down in drawn-out court cases or troublesome arbitrations?” conducted by the Indian Business Law Journal
- Anirudh Krishnan, Partner, quoted on the 260th Law Commission Report: Law Commission suggests changes in BIT model to attract investors, Live Mint, August 28, 2015
- AK Law Chambers represents Agi Music Pvt. Ltd. before the Madras High Court: HC speeds up Ilayaraja copyright war, ex-judge to record evidence, Times of India, August 20, 2015; No further contracts till trial in civil suit over: Ilayaraja, August 19, 2015
- AK Law Chambers represents Nissan before the Madras High Court: Madras High Court stays CCI action against Nissan, Business Standard, August 29, 2014
- AK Law Chambers defends petty shop owners against construction of the Chennai Metro before the Supreme Court: Chennai Metro: SC won’t interfere with HC Order, The Hindu, June 25, 2014
- Anirudh Krishnan, Partner, quoted on why Singapore scores over India in corporate dispute resolution: Why Singapore scores over India on settlement of corporate conflicts, Economic Times, January 1, 2013
Publications in the Newspaper:
- A bit for the State, a bit for the Investor, Anirudh Krishnan, The Hindu, Sep. 8, 2015
- Transforming commercial dispute resolution, Anirudh Krishnan, The Hindu, March 7, 2015
- Where should the judiciary draw the line?, Anirudh Krishnan, The Hindu, April 26, 2014
- Cure the malaise, not its symptoms, Anirudh Krishnan, The Hindu, December 5, 2013
- Anirudh Krishnan, Managing Partner, has been ranked as the Band 3 lawyer for dispute resolution: arbitration in India by the prestigious Chambers & Partners Asia-Paciﬁc Guide 2018.
- Anirudh Krishnan of AK Law Chambers is highly regarded as an “arbitration specialist” and admired by interviewees because “he spends time on the matters, conducts his own research and studies the issues in depth before presenting the legal strategy.” His ability to “deconstruct complex issues within a short time” and increasingly impressive “courtroom presentation and thinking on his feet” also attract high praise.” – Chambers and Partners, Asia-Pacific, 2018
- AK Law Chambers has been awarded the “Venture Capital Transactions Law Firm of the Year in India” by the Global Law Experts, 2017
- Anirudh Krishnan, Managing Partner, ranked as the “Up & Coming Lawyer” in dispute resolution: arbitration in India by the prestigious Chambers & Partners Asia – Global, 2016 and Chambers & Partners Asia – Global , 2017
- Anirudh Krishnan, Managing Partner, recognized as a “Rising Star, 40 under 40” by Legal Era, 2017
“According to sources, Anirudh Krishnan of AK Law Chambers “has already earned an immense reputation at such a young age, and has a very bright future ahead of him.” He has a broad practice, earning particular praise for his “vast knowledge of international commercial arbitration,” as well as his “business savvy and strategy.” Lately he advised Shapoorji Pallonji & Co in a litigation and SIAC arbitration over a USD15.5 million contract for the construction and development of residential and commercial towers in Bengaluru.”- Chambers and Partners, Asia Pacific, 2016
- Winner of the 2016 Global Law Experts award for “Commercial Arbitration Law Firm of the Year in India”.
“Anirudh Krishnan of AK Law Chambers attracts a raft of praise for his arbitration and litigation expertise. Peers describe him as “a rising star with great potential.” He lately acted for Adam & Coal Resources in Supreme Court litigation against a Swiss trading company, concerning the repayment of monies owed. Interviewees praise his solutions-oriented approach, stating: “He’s so creative, he always gives the client several options.” “– Chambers and Partners, Global
Winner of the ‘Best New Comers” Award by the Indian Business Law Journal. The IBLJ edition for the month of February, 2015 also carried the following write-up about the firm:
“AK Law Chambers, a Chennai-based eight-lawyer firm set up in April 2013, describes itself as a boutique specializing in corporate and commercial litigation and arbitration, and real estate. It reports that it has been representing Shapoorji Pallonji & Co in an ongoing case where the disputed sum is about US$15.5 million and that it has obtained a crucial interim injunction. Other clients include Nissan Motors India, for which it has challenged proceedings before the Competition Commission of India in Madras High Court. Clients are impressed. “This is a firm whose journey has just begun and I am sure the legal fraternity will hear a lot about them in the not too distant future,” says Tony Adam, proprietor of Adam & Coal Resources, who sought the firm’s services in a matter involving an international arbitration award.
AK Law Chambers’ founder partner, Anirudh Krishnan, was a consultant to an expert panel constituted by the Law Commission of India to deliberate on the proposed reforms to arbitration law in India. The commission’s report states that input given by him and another expert was “incisive, vital and require special appreciation.”
- Winner of the 2014 Corporate International Magazine Global Award for “Commercial Arbitration Law Firm of the Year in India“.
- Winner of the 2013 Global Law Experts award for “Commercial Arbitration Law Firm of the Year in India”.
- Recommended in the field of Commercial Arbitration – 2013 by Global Law Experts.